Top 7 Benefits of Nursing Career
Nursing is more than just a job; it’s a vocation. One of the most common draws to the field is a desire to serve others and answer a personal calling. Nurses may make a difference in their patient’s lives, but it’s only one of many rewards of entering this profession. Nursing is a satisfying profession for many reasons, including job stability, career flexibility, and competitive compensation.
We’ve compiled a list of seven benefits that make this healthcare field worth exploring:
- Strong expansion in the market: The UK Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects employment of registered nurses will grow 16 percent from 2023 to 2034 nationally due to aging and retiring baby boomers, increased access to health insurance, and advances in healthcare that extend the average life span.
- The work is dynamic and intriguing: Nursing is the furthest thing from a desk job—no sitting at a desk staring at a computer screen all day for you! On the contrary, you’ll be on your feet, tending to patients and working with a dedicated team of healthcare providers daily. While some parts of the job are more interesting than others, nursing is a profession of constant excitement and challenge.
- Finding a career that truly matters: Comfort, compassion, and care are freely available to nurses. Nurses support those under their care in many ways besides administering medication and bandaging wounds. Almost every day as a nurse, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life.
- Possibilities for advancing one’s career: Because every day as a nurse is always different, you’ll likely learn something new every day, with ample on-the-job training and professional development opportunities.
- A wide range of workplace settings: NMC OSCE training assists nurses in completing their exams (OSCE). To register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and work in the UK, all international nurses need to have an OSCE. Emergency flight, cruise ship, and travel nursing are unique job opportunities for the more adventurous types.
- Unique and fascinating sub-fields: From psychiatric floors to emergency rooms, nurses have many options for finding a specialty that interests them. Besides, if you don’t see the right fit immediately, don’t sweat it! You can easily switch things once you have your nursing degree. For example, if you find that caring for adult patients isn’t for you, you can always change course and become a pediatric nurse.
- Flexible work hours: The duration of a nurse’s shift might vary from one facility to the next. If you’re not a morning person, you can work nights, and if you’d rather spend more time with your family, you can spread your shifts over fewer days. Another option is to find a job in a clinic or doctor’s office if you want a more conventional work week.
Also Read: All About NMC’s OSCE for Overseas Nurses
In need of a qualified OSCE trainer in the UK? If that’s the case, your journey will end here. At BGM Consultancy UK Ltd, we have produced a few articles on the subject and offer NMC OSCE training. You may find more information at our website. If you’re ready to begin your OSCE training for nurses in UK with BGM Consultancy UK Ltd, all you have to do is submit us your CV at our email id firstname.lastname@example.org.